Itinerary-Part 1: AP&T

Dear Readers,

As you might have come to the knowledge from the first post of this blog, I am going on a expedition across India covering its Historical and Natural diversity. In relation to that, I'll be releasing my itinerary, in parts, of the trip that I've planned and developed in collaboration with various travel bloggers and travel companies. Now, this itinerary is based on various ideal situations. Thus, it may not be possible to follow it, as it is, due to reasons out of our hand. But, this is how the trip is supposed to move.

And so, in this post, I am revealing my itinerary for the initial, easy going leg of the trip. This leg consists of places that are in the state of Andhra Pradesh and Telengana. After much deliberation, we've decided to exclude places like Nizamabad, Tirupati, Nellore, Karimnagar etc. In case you believe that we've missed out on any place, which you believe is a "Must See", please let me know about them on the comment section.

So without further ado, following is my Ideal Itinerary for the AP&T leg of the all India Solo Trip:

Day 1: Hyderabad. I start this trip from my current location, Hyderabad, where I've been residing since 3 years. I've specifically chosen August 15th as the start of the trip, as it will give me the opportunity to bid adieu to all the people who I've come across in this city. As this will be a national holiday, I'll be able to say proper goodbye to all my colleagues and friends that I've made in this city.

Check out the magnificent Golkonda fort of Hyderabad.


Day 2: Medak. Next early morning, I'll head to Medak, which will be the official start of the journey. The main attraction for me here is the Medak Cathedral. I've heard a lot about it being one of the biggest church of India. Also, I would be visiting the Medak Fort. Depending upon situation, I'll either halt at Medak for the night or proceed to Adilabad.

Day 3: Adilabad.  Next stop will be Adilabad, where I plan to cover up couple of waterfalls, namely Kuntala (perhaps the highest in this region) and the nearby Pochera waterfall. In order to reach here, I would have to travel to Nirmal town from Adilabad and then to Neredigonda village, from where Kuntala waterfalls is around 15 kms and Pochera waterfalls is around 12 Kms away, respectively. If situation permits, I'll travel back to Hyderabad on an overnight journey.

Day 4: Bhadrachalam. This day will probably be spent on travelling, as I would have to travel from Adilabad to Bhadrachalam via Hyderabad, which would take around 16-20 hrs to complete. So no activity for the day, it seems.

Day 5: Papi Hills. Now, a boat ride that I've been planning for ages. This Godavari Boat Travel to Papi Hills / Papikondalu, the Mountain range that runs along the river. Again, I've heard a lot about this place being a visitor's delight with the mighty river narrowing and passing with twists and turns along the Papi Hills. I'll then proceed to Vijaywada by an overnight journey.

Day 6: Vijaywada. Here, I've plan to visit the Undavalli caves, the famous monolithic rock-cut architecture. Another overnight journey to Visakhapatnam from here.

Day 7: Borra. Once in Visakhapatnam, I'll be catching the early morning train to Borra in order to visit the Borra caves, considered to be the deepest caves in India. From here on, I'll be visiting the Katiki waterfalls. Later, I'll be proceeding to Araku valley for an overnight camping.

Day 8: Visakhapatnam. From Araku valley, I'll be proceeding back to Visakhapatnam, one of the major cities of AP where I've plans to visit the Kailashgiri hill top and then just laze off at one of those many serene beaches of the city. Again an overnight journey to Ongole is most likely on this day.

Day 9: Ongole. This will be the Break day for me and I'll just laze off at the various beaches of this city.

Day 10: Chandavaram. After a much deserved rest, I'll be moving on to Chandavaram, the village with the ancient Buddhist site. Later I'll again go on an overnight journey to Kurnool.

Day 11: Belum and Gandikota. On this day, I plan to visit Belum caves, the largest and longest cave system open to the public on the Indian subcontinent, and then proceed to Gandikota fort, the Grand Canyon of India. Now, I am not very sure how to travel from Belum to Gandikota, and so, I ask you readers to help me out with it. If anyone reading this, can help me out with a way to travel between this two places, it would be very helpful. Later I'll be returning to Kurnool for a night stay.

Day 12: Gooty. I'll start early morning from Kurnool to Gooty, in order to visit the Ravdurga Gooty Fort, the ruined fort located on a hill of the town. Later I'll proceed to Anantapur and subsequently to Hindupur where I'll stay the night.

Day 13: Lepakshi. The reason for going and staying at Hindupur at night is for me to be able to visit the Lepakshi Temple early on this day. I've been to this temple long back and have distant memories of it. This holds both cultural and archeological significance, and so, I am very intrigued to visit this place. Later, I'll be moving to Madanepalle where I'll stay the night.

Day 14: Horsley Hills. Another day to rest. I'll go early morning to Horsley Hills, the charming little Hill Station in middle of all this chaos, from Madanepalle and just rest for the day, and then return back in the evening to stay the night again at Madanepalle.

Day 15: Kadapa. I'll leave early morning from Madanepalle to Kadapa, where I've plans to vist the Sidhout Fort (Sidhavatam Fort) and Vontimitta, where the 16th century Kondanarama Temple is located.  This will be the end of the AP&T leg of the trip. From here, I'll be proceeding to Chennai, Tamil Nadu for the next leg of my trip.

So readers, if you feel that I should change the itinerary in some way or other for me to move much better between places, please specify them on the comment section. And ,as I've mentioned in earlier post, if any of you reader wants to join me in any juncture of this journey, I would love to share the journey with you.

You can also write to me at muditacharya28@gmail.com with your valuable suggestions and questions about this trip.

And keep following the blog as I release further details and further itineraries of the trip.


Comments

  1. Simply superb..... keep going.... all the very best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awesome brother, can we proceed for Thimpu on same day after getting permit.

    Please advise.

    Thanks,
    Sanket Bhatt.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts